After the pandemic, many companies were forced to shift their operations to a remote work model, which presented numerous challenges for managing a global workforce.
Although many businesses are pushing workers back to the office, it seems remote work is here to stay.
Let's dive in!
- As the Head of HR in a high-growth startup, you oversee onboarding new employees every week, spanning across the globe.
- As the company grows, onboarding new employees has become more complicated and time-consuming.
- From acquiring office equipment like laptops and desks to installing software, every step now takes more tasks and effort.
- Plus, when employees leave, you must collect and store their equipment.
- Luckily, Nudos is building a solution to these issues.
Explain it like I'm five
Nudos offers businesses a centralized platform to manage global IT and HR tasks, eliminating the need for multiple tools, systems, and suppliers.
- SaaS: Their platform simplifies and optimizes onboarding/offboarding operations and managing overseas employees.
- Marketplace: Their B2B marketplace provides a range of office equipment such as laptops, desks, and chairs, making it easier for businesses to source and acquire the necessary items for their remote worker's needs.
- Logistics: Office equipment can be shipped, stored, and recovered by their team, even if employees leave the company.
With Nudos, companies can streamline overseas HR operations from one centralized platform.
- Industries: HR Tech, SaaS, Marketplace, Logistics
- Headquarters: Mexico City, Mexico
- Year Operations Started: 2022
- Team Size: 10
- Raised: $500k
- Investors: Melek Capital & Angel Investors
- Business Model: B2B SaaS, Marketplace, Logistics/Storage
What we like:
- Focus on Latam: Nudos is one of the first companies to prioritize the Latin American market; this allows them to tailor their platform and services to the unique challenges and opportunities of the region.
- All in one: According to the founders, they're currently the only ones offering a complete service. (Software, Marketplace, Logistics & Storing)
- Traction: They have made remarkable progress since launching in 2022, establishing a presence in 17 countries, serving over 80 clients, and supporting over 800 active users.
- Trend: The pandemic caused a huge spike in remote work. Before COVID, only 3% of people worked remotely, but during the pandemic, around 20-30% of workers switched to remote.
- Scalability: Nudos team admits that understanding markets outside Latin America is a significant challenge. They face stiff competition from companies in other regions with better market knowledge.
- Generalists: While Nudos has a comprehensive all-in-one platform, it may be risky for a new company to do everything simultaneously. Focusing on one area first and expanding later could minimize the risk of complications.
- Funding: SaaS startups in Latam face the challenge of decreased VC investment and must explore alternative funding options to demonstrate a strong value proposition to attract investors.
- Rodrigo Ortega Co-Founder & CEO Ex Pacasmayo, Globaltpa
- Juanita Castañeda Co-Founder & CTO Ex- Chiper, Meru
- Rodrigo Querzola Co-Founder & COO Ex- Chipper, Rappi
Reply to this email if you want an intro with the founders.
- Tiendanube, an Argentinian unicorn, partnered with Mercado Pago and envia.com to offer Mexican entrepreneurs their technology for free. They want to assist entrepreneurs in overcoming the main obstacles of starting a business.
- Nubank reached 80 million users in Latam, they added around 5 million users in the last quarter. Within just three years, Nubak has established itself as the 5th largest credit card issuer in Mexico.
- Cryptocurrency startup Bitso has joined forces with Despegar. Despegar users will be able to exchange reward points for cryptocurrencies.
- Cilia, a Brazilian startup that provides software infrastructure for the automotive industry, secured a $22M funding round. The round was led by Cloud9, with the participation of Mercado Libre.
The best tools and resources we came across this week.